Auburndale, understood to longtime residents just as "The Dale", is just one of the 13 villages within the city of Newton, Massachusetts. It lies at the western end of Newton near the crossway of interstate highways 90 and also 95. It is bisected by the Massachusetts Turnpike (Interstate 90). Auburndale is surrounded by 3 other Newton villages (West Newton, Waban, and Newton Lower Falls) along with the city of Waltham and the Charles River. Auburndale is the residence of Williams and Burr grade schools, as well as Lasell University. Auburndale Square is the location of the Plummer Memorial Collection, which is run by the Auburndale Community Library and also no longer connected with the Newton Free Library, the Turtle Lane Playhouse, and also much local business.
The very first major settler in the area was William Robinson that built a residence in 1678 on what is currently Freeman Street. The earliest residence in Auburndale stands at 473 Auburn Street as well as was constructed in 1730 by William Robinson.
Auburndale, Massachusettes, as soon as billed as Auburndale-on-the-Charles, was the home of Norumbega Park which enclosed 1963. The park consisted of trips, a zoo, and also boating. The nationally-famous big band location Symbol Post Ballroom was connected with Norumbega Park as well as closed in 1964. The location currently contains over 80 acres of conservation land in addition to accessibility to the Charles River.