Brownsburg, Indiana's preliminary occupant was James B. Brown, a Kentucky resident, that worked out in Brown Town in 1824. At the time the location was thick along with unbroken wild with only hunters and trappers in the area. Delaware Indians (Lenape) stayed in specifically what is currently Lincoln Territory, along White Lick Creek, which was then called Wa-pe-ke-way or "White Salt".
In 1828, the really first log college home was built in Brown Township. One-room block colleges were created every 4 miles (6 kilometers), as well as everyone in the household other than the mothers went to university when it was not plant duration. The age range in the classroom was from six years to 43 years. Brown Township was separated in 1863, winding up being Brown Area to the north, called after its initial home owner. Lincoln Town was produced to the south, called after President Abraham Lincoln as an indication of assistance throughout the Civil War. A stagecoach line was established along a road constructed in 1820 connecting all of the tiny provincial communities with Indianapolis.
Brownsburg was at first called "Harrisburg", as well as under the last name was set out in 1835 by William Harris. The initial post office in town was developed as "Brownsburgh" in 1836. The initial church structure to be established in Brownsburg was a log structure constructed in 1840. From the 1840s to the 1870s, the community practically tripled in the area, from its initial 6 acres (2.4 ha) to greater than 16 acres (6.5 ha). 1848 brought the location's really first political election, with an overall of 10 male ballots cast.
In 1869, the Big 4 Railroad opened up an option to Brownsburg. By 1910, the Interurban was making day-to-day trips in-between Indianapolis and also Crawfordsville, with set up per hr drops in Brownsburg.